On 28 August 2015 at 09:33, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <
horiguchi.kyot...@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

> Tomas Vondra is now working on heavily-equipped multivariate
> statistics for OLAP usage. In contrast, this is a lightly
> implemented solution which calculates only the ratio between a
> rows estimated by current method and a actual row number. I think
> this doesn't conflict with his work except the grammar part.

I think it very obviously does conflict, so I don't see this patch as
appropriate.

If you think a cut version of Tomas' patch is appropriate, then the usual
response is to give a review that says "Tomas, I think a cut down version
is appropriate here, can we reduce the scope of this patch for now?". If
you have done that and he refuses to listen, then a separate patch version
is appropriate. Otherwise we should just reject this second patchset to
avoid confusion and to avoid encouraging people to take this approach.

<http://www.2ndquadrant.com/>