On Wed, Oct 07, 2015 at 03:06:50PM -0400, Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Nathan Wagner (nw...@hydaspes.if.org) wrote:
> > I have added full text searching to my tracker.  I only index the first
> > 50 KB of each message.  There's apparently a one MB limit on that
> > anyway, which a few messages exceed.  I figure anything important is
> > probably in the first 50KB.  I could be wrong.  I could re-index fairly
> > easily.  It seems to work pretty well.
> Note that we have FTS for the -bugs, and all the other, mailing lists..

True, but that finds emails.  The search I have finds bugs (well, bug reports
anyway).  Specifically, I have the following function:

create or replace function bugvector(bugid bigint)
returns tsvector language 'sql' as $$
select tsvagg(
        setweight(to_tsvector(substr(body(msg), 1, 50*1024)), 'D')
        setweight(to_tsvector(header_value(msg, 'Subject')), 'C')
from emails
where bug = $1
$$ strict;

which, as you can see, collects into one tsvector all the emails associated
with that particular bug.  So a search hit is for the whole bug.  There's
probably some search artifacts here.  I suspect a bug with a long email thread
will be ranked higher than a one with a short thread.  Perhaps that's ok


Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org)
To make changes to your subscription:

Reply via email to