On 03/08/2016 08:32 AM, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 10:40 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Mar 6, 2016 at 5:55 AM, Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> wrote:
On 03/05/2016 01:31 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Sat, Mar 5, 2016 at 11:34 PM, Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net>
wrote:
Here is a translation into perl of the sed script, courtesy of the s2p
incarnation of psed:
<https://gist.github.com/adunstan/d61b1261a4b91496bdc6>
The sed script appears to have been stable for a long time, so I don't
think
we need to be too concerned about possibly maintaining two versions.
That's 95% of the work already done, nice! If I finish wrapping up a
patch for this issue at least would you backpatch? It would be saner
to get rid of this dependency everywhere I think regarding compilation
with perl 5.22.
Sure.
OK, so after some re-lecture of the script and perltidy-ing I finish
with the attached. How does that look?
Attached is a new set for the support of MS 2015 + the psed issue,
please use those ones for testing:
- 0001 is the replacement of psed by a dedicated perl script to
generate probes.h
- 0002 Fix of the declaration of TIMEZONE_GLOBAL and TZNAME_GLOBAL for WIN32
- 0003 addresses the issue with lc_codepage missing from _locale_t.
- 0004 adds support for MS2015 in src/tools/scripts/

Thanks for doing this work.

Do we already have a hard dependency on perl for all non-Windows builds? I know it's been discussed but I don't recall. If so, back to what version?

The comment in the codepage patch is a bit unclear. Can you reword it a bit?

cheers

andrew