I've never (to my knowledge) lost any data following a powerfail or
system crash on a system using NTFS - that has always seemed pretty
solid to me. By comparison, I have lost data on ext2 filesystems on a
couple of occasions.

More info at:

http://www.ntfs.com/data-integrity.htm
http://www.pcguide.com/ref/hdd/file/ntfs/relRec-c.html

Obviously this goes out of the window is the user chooses to run on
FAT/FAT32 partitions. I think that it should be made *very* clear in any
future documentation that the user is strongly advised to use only NTFS
filesystems.

I realise this is not proof that it actually works of course...

Regards, Dave.