Hi Teodor,

Sadly the v4 does not work for me - I do get assertion failures. For example with the example Andreas Karlsson posted in this thread:

CREATE EXTENSION btree_gin;
CREATE TABLE test (a int, b int, c int);
CREATE INDEX ON test USING gin (a, b, c);
INSERT INTO test SELECT i % 7, i % 9, i % 11 FROM generate_series(1, 1000000) i;
EXPLAIN ANALYZE SELECT * FROM test WHERE (a = 3 OR b = 5) AND c = 2;

It seems working, but only until I run ANALYZE on the table. Once I do that, I start getting crashes at this line

    *qualcols = list_concat(*qualcols,
                            list_copy(idx_path->indexqualcols));

in convert_bitmap_path_to_index_clause. Apparently one of the lists is T_List while the other one is T_IntList, so list_concat() errors out.

My guess is that the T_BitmapOrPath branch should do

    oredqualcols = list_concat(oredqualcols, li_qualcols);
    *qualcols = list_concat(qualcols, oredqualcols);

instead of

    oredqualcols = lappend(oredqualcols, li_qualcols);
    *qualcols = lappend(*qualcols, oredqualcols);

but once I fixed that I got some other assert failures further down, that I haven't tried to fix.

So the patch seems to be broken, and I suspect this might be related to the broken index condition reported by Andreas (although I don't see that - I either see correct condition or assertion failures).