On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 5:04 PM, Alexander Korotkov <
a.korot...@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 8:10 AM, Andres Freund <and...@anarazel.de> wrote:
>
>> Could you retry after applying the attached series of patches?
>>

> Yes, I will try with these patches and snapshot too old reverted.

I've run the same benchmark with 279d86af and 848ef42b reverted.  I've
tested of all 3 patches from you applied and, for comparison, 3 patches +
clog buffers reverted back to 32.

clients patches patches + clog_32
1         12594   12556
2         26705   26258
4         50985   53254
8        103234  104416
10       135321  130893
20       268675  267648
30       370437  409710
40       486512  482382
50       539910  525667
60       616401  672230
70       667864  660853
80       924606  737768
90      1217435  799581
100     1326054  863066
110     1446380  980206
120     1484920 1000963
130     1512440 1058852
140     1536181 1088958
150     1504750 1134354
160     1461513 1132173
170     1453943 1158656
180     1426288 1120511

I hardly can understand how clog buffers influence read-only benchmark.  It
even harder for me why influence of clog buffers change its direction after
applying your patches.  But the results are following.  And I've rechecked
some values manually to verify that there is no error.  I would be very
thankful for any explanation.

------
Alexander Korotkov
The Russian Postgres Company