On 05/04/2016 01:03 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 4:00 PM, Joshua D. Drake <j...@commandprompt.com> wrote:
Just my .02, pretty sure the majority of the community says, "TGL just sent
-1, argument over." That may or may not be a good thing but his experience
and depth of knowledge of our code base pretty much seals it for most of us.

Sure, but Tom is also human, and sometimes doesn't like things that
other people still think are good ideas.  Tom questioned whether
parallel query was really a good idea, and also Hot Standby.  If we'd

Like you said, he is human ;)

given up on having those features when Tom opened his mouth, we'd be
worse off today.

That is not to say that we shouldn't defer to Tom's judgement in many
cases.  And I do.

Right and I agree with that. I was just saying that in this particular case, I think a lot of people were just accepting on the single -1.

JD

                        +1-503-667-4564