On Mon, Jun 27, 2016 at 3:06 PM, Etsuro Fujita <fujita.ets...@lab.ntt.co.jp>
wrote:

> On 2016/06/25 4:14, Robert Haas wrote:
>
>> Committed that way.
>>

> Thanks for taking care of this!
>
> I found another bug in error handling of whole-row references in join
> pushdown; conversion_error_callback fails to take into account that
> get_relid_attribute_name(Oid relid, AttrNumber attnum) can't handle
> whole-row references (ie, attnum=0), in which case that would cause cache
> lookup errors.  Attached is a small patch to address this issue.

Do you have any testcase reproducing the bug here? It would be good to
include that test in the regression.

There is a always a possibility that a user would create a table (which can
be used as target for the foreign table) with column named 'wholerow', in
which case s/he will get confused with this error message.

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat