Michael Paquier wrote:

> Being cautious pays more in the long term, so seeing the number of
> bugs that showed up I'd rather vote for having it disabled by default
> in 9.6 stable, and enabled on master to aim at enabling it in 10.0.

I too prefer to keep it turned off in 9.6 and consider enabling it by
default on a future release (10 is probably good).  Interested users can
carefully test the feature without endangering other unsuspecting users.

I agree with the idea of keeping it enabled in master, so that it'll get
a modicum of testing there by hackers, too.