Spec compliant:           not tested
Documentation:            tested, passed

I am resending this due to an earlier error message from the mailing list:
-----
These are my comments for the review of
https://commitfest.postgresql.org/10/708/

I built and installed (make world / make install-world) github branch
REL9_6_STABLE and applied the patch (patch -p1 <
patch/gin-true-anyarray-opclass-1.patch).

I then upgraded my development database (postgres 9.5) using pg_upgrade. This
database has one table with an UUID array gin index. The database was upgraded
correctly to postgresql 9.6 and I was able to successfully connect to it from a
web application which uses the database. There were no conflicts so I expect
others to be able to upgrade without issues.

I then dropped the database and re-created it... I made sure that I no longer
used my prior operator class definition. I re-started my web application and
confirmed it works. This verifies the feature works as designed.

The following is no longer required:

CREATE OPERATOR CLASS _uuid_ops DEFAULT
  FOR TYPE _uuid USING gin AS
  OPERATOR 1 &&(anyarray, anyarray),
  OPERATOR 2 @>(anyarray, anyarray),
  OPERATOR 3 <@(anyarray, anyarray),
  OPERATOR 4 =(anyarray, anyarray),
  FUNCTION 1 uuid_cmp(uuid, uuid),
  FUNCTION 2 ginarrayextract(anyarray, internal, internal),
  FUNCTION 3 ginqueryarrayextract(anyarray, internal, smallint, internal,
internal, internal, internal),
  FUNCTION 4 ginarrayconsistent(internal, smallint, anyarray, integer,
internal, internal, internal, internal),
  STORAGE uuid;

I also ran "make installcheck-world" and all the tests passed.

I am not sure what "Spec compliant means"... so I did not select as tested or
passed. What should I do to validate that this change is "Spec compliant"?

The new status of this patch is: Waiting on Author