On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 2:26 PM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvhe...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Why not use generate_series() queries to insert the appropriate number
> of tuples, instead of a handful of INSERT lines each time?  Since each
> insert is a separate transaction, that would probably be faster.
>
> Why do you have a plpgsql function just to create a cursor?  Wouldn't it
> be simpler to create the cursor in an SQL statement?

This patch hasn't been updated in over a week, so I'm marking it
Returned with Feedback.  I think this is a good effort and I hope
something committable will come from it, but with 2 days left it's not
going to happen this CF.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company