On 10/17/2016 12:18 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
You removed the part of pgcrypto in charge of randomness, nice move. I
was wondering about how to do with the perfc and the unix_std at some
point, and ripping them off as you did is fine for me.

Yeah. I didn't understand the need for the perfc stuff. Are there Windows systems that don't have the Crypto APIs? I doubt it, but the buildfarm will tell us in a moment if there are.

And if we don't have a good source of randomness like /dev/random, I think it's better to fail, than try to collect entropy ourselves (which is what unix_std did). If there's a platform where that doesn't work, someone will hopefully send us a patch, rather than silently fall back to an iffy implementation.

- Heikki