- Applies and passes the test suite.
- I think this is a good change since it increases the consistency of
the operators. I also like the choice of <<@ and @>> since they feel
intuitive to me.
- I tested it and both old and new operators use the brin and gist indexes.
- The new spgist index does not support the old deprecated operators,
which is intentional. I do not have a strong opinion here either way but
some people may find this surprising.
- I am not convinced that your changes to the descriptions of the
operators necessarily make things clearer. For example "is contained by
and smaller network (subnet)" only mentions subnets and not IP-addresses.
- Maybe change "deprecated and will eventually be removed." to
"deprecated and may be removed in a future release.". I prefer that
latter wording but I am fine with either.
- Won't renaming the functions which implement risk breaking people's
applications? While the new names are a bit nicer I am not sure it is
- The changes to the code look generally good.
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To make changes to your subscription: