Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
> I love seeing references to email threads in commit messages. It would
> make them a lot friendlier though if a full http URL were included
> instead of just a Message-ID,

I've intentionally not done that, because it does not seem very
future-proof.  The message ids will hopefully be unique indefinitely far
into the future, but the location of our archives could move.

Andres' point about line length is also an issue.

FWIW, I have my home page set up so that I can paste in a message ID and
go directly to the archived thread; there's more than one way to skin
that cat.