On 12/7/16 9:28 PM, Alex Hunsaker wrote:
> Hrm, the following incantation seems to break for me on a fresh Fedora
> 25 system:
> 1) As root su to $USER and start postgres.
> 2) ssh in as $USER and then logout
> 3) # psql localhost
>
> FATAL: semctl(4980742, 3, SETVAL, 0) failed: Invalid argument
> LOG: server process (PID 14569) exited with exit code 1

Yeah, the way to trigger this is to run the postgres server not in a
"session", then log in interactively as that same user, thus creating a
session, and then logging out from that session, thus completely logging
out that user from all sessions.

(Thus, the way to trigger the KillUserProcesses behavior is quite the
opposite, because that only happens if you have the postgres server
running in a session.)