On 12/14/2016 11:41 AM, Stephen Frost wrote:
* Heikki Linnakangas (hlinn...@iki.fi) wrote:
On 14 December 2016 20:12:05 EET, Bruce Momjian <br...@momjian.us> wrote:
On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 11:27:15AM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:

Storing plaintext passwords has been bad form for just about forever and
I wouldn't be sad to see our support of it go.  At the least, as was
discussed somewhere, but I'm not sure where it ended up, we should give
administrators the ability to control what ways a password can be
stored.  In particular, once a user has migrated all of their users to
SCRAM, they should be able to say "don't let new passwords be in any
format other than SCRAM-SHA-256".

It isn't as bad as it used to be. I remember with PASSWORD was the default. I agree that we should be able to set a policy that says, "we only allow X for password storage".

JD

Thanks!

Stephen

                        +1-503-667-4564