From: Tom Lane [mailto:t...@sss.pgh.pa.us]:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/libpq-single-row-mode.html

> Do we really need yet another way of breaking the unitary-query-result
> abstraction?

If it's four times faster...then the option should be available in libpq.  I'm
traveling tomorrow but will try to get a patch and proof with pgbench dataset
up by the middle of the week.

The performance gains are consistent with Jim Nasby's findings with SPI.

Kyle Gearhart