> @in't gonna execute it?
>>

> Hmmm... This is too much of an Americanism, IMHO.

The @ looks like a handwritten 'a'.  @in't gonna => ain't gonna => will
not. It's a bad joke, made as a way of saying that I also could not think
of a good mnemonic for '@' or ','.

> I'm here all week, try the veal.
>>

> Sorry, syntax error, you have lost me. Some googling suggests a reference
> to post WW2 "lounge entertainers", probably in the USA. I also do not
> understand why this would mean "yes".

It's a thing lounge entertainers said after they told a bad joke.

>   . for z (waiting for the end of the sentence, i.e. endif)

+1 ... if we end up displaying the not-true-and-not-evaluated 'z' state.

>   & for t (no real mnemonic)
>
> For two states:
>   * for being executed (beware, it is ***important***)

It does lend importance, but that's also the line continuation marker for
"comment". Would that be a problem?

>   / for not (under the hood, and it is opposed to *)

+1, I was going to suggest '/' for a false state, with two possible
metaphors to justify it
  1. the slash in a "no" sign ("no smoking", ghostbusters, etc)
  2. the leading char of a c/java/javascript comment (what is written here
is just words, not code)