On 13.03.2017 11:03, Andres Freund wrote:
Hi,

On 2017-03-12 05:40:51 +0100, Tomas Vondra wrote:
I wanted to do a bit of testing and benchmarking on this, but 0004 seems to
be a bit broken.
Well, "broken" in the sense that it's already outdated, because other
stuff that got merged.

The patch does not apply anymore - there are some conflicts
in execQual.c, but I think I fixed those. But then I ran into a bunch of
compile-time errors, because some of the executor nodes still reference bits
that were moved elsewhere.
Updated patch attached.  Note that this patch has two changes I've not
yet evaluated performance-wise.

I got the following results at my system with Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16Gb RAM, TPC-H Q1/Q6 scale 10, sharedBuffers=8Gb, pg_prewarm on lineitem table projection:

        Q1
        Q6