On Wed, Apr 5, 2017 at 9:15 AM, Tsunakawa, Takayuki <
tsunakawa.ta...@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> From: pgsql-hackers-ow...@postgresql.org
> > [mailto:pgsql-hackers-ow...@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Andres Freund
> > As I asked before, why can't we delete all privs and add the explicitly
> > needed once back (using AdjustTokenPrivileges)?
>
> I tried it with pg_ctl.c attached to an earlier mail today, i.e. delete
> all privs with CreateRestrictedToken(DISABLE_ALL_PRIVILEGE) and enable
> Lock Pages in Memory with AdjustTokenPrivileges().  But it didn't work;
> AdjustTokenPrivileges() failed to enable the priv.  It's probably that
> CreateRestrictedToken() deletes (unassigns?) the privs from the access
> token, so subsequent AdjustTokenPrivileges() can no longer enable the priv.

Once you have used CreateRestrictedToken(), you can no longer add
*anything* to it. It's not just removed privileges, there's a special flag
on the token that says it's restricted (can be checked with
IsTokenRestricted()).

I think what you'd need to do is enumerate what privileges the user has
*before* calling CreateRestrictedToken(), using GetTokenInformation(). And
then pass those into PrivilegesToDelete (except for
SeChangeNotifyPrivilege) in the call to CreateRestrictedToken(), instead of
using DISABLE_MAX_PRIVILEGE. (and add the privilege needed for huge pages
before you start that whole process -- that needs to be added in the token
used *before* we create the restricted one).

At least that's my guess from reading the docs and trying to remember :)

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/