On 04/26/2017 10:31 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
"Joshua D. Drake" <j...@commandprompt.com> writes:
I wouldn't fight hard to change it but really if we think about it, what
makes more sense from usability perspective?

CREATE TABLE foo() COMMENT IS

I think it's likely to be impossible to shoehorn such a thing into every
type of CREATE command without making COMMENT a fully reserved word,
which is going to be a very hard sell.

Well if it is a complete uphill battle, this is certainly not the feature that I am going to dig my heels in about.

2. Make it so comments are appended not replaced.

Backwards compatibility fail ... not to mention that you haven't offered
an argument as to why everyone would think this is an improvement.

"Everyone" is a bit of a stretch for every single feature we have.

I would think that most people that work with production systems would like to know the history of any object modification.

Thanks,

jD

                        +1-503-667-4564
Unless otherwise stated, opinions are my own.