No.  And as an outsider, I rather doubt if any procedures I developed
would be taken very seriously.  If such procedures are to be developed,
I suspect that they will have to be developed from within if they are to
be successful.

This would be a good start:

A.  Combine:
        1.  Your regression test
        2.  Crashme (or some rough equivalent if you don't like it)
        3.  The NIST validation test suite
B.  Automate:
        1.  Installation of the tests
        2.  Execution of the tests
        3.  Transfer of the test results to a repository
        4.  Analysis of the test results
C.  Assign:
        1.  Criteria for acceptance of a build for release
        2.  Authority for acceptance of a build for release
        3.  Delegation rules for issue resolution
        4.  Procedures for issue resolution

> > I am sure that MySQL must have something in place
> > like that.  Their "Crash-Me" test suite shows (at least) that they
> > have put a large effort into testing.
>
> ...ROTFL...  Crash-Me is not a regression test.  It is a
> marketing effort.

Let's see...
Their marketing effort checks for STANDARDS conformance against over
several hundred distinct, important properties.
Their marketing effort checks for a number of interesting and valuable
extensions.
Their marketing effort checks for system safety in a manner that is
better than anything I have ever seen from a commercial vendor.

And the PostgreSQL regression test is superior in what ways?

Look at this:
http://www.mysql.com/information/crash-me.php?mysql_4_1=on&postgres=on

Their marketing effort makes PostgreSQL look superior to MySQL in most
areas.  If it is a marketing effort, then we must applaud them for their
honesty.

               http://archives.postgresql.org