On 7 June 2017 at 16:42, Amit Khandekar <amitdkhan...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The column bitmap set returned by GetUpdatedColumns() refer to
> attribute numbers w.r.t. to the root partition. And the
> mstate->resultRelInfo[] have attnos w.r.t. to the leaf partitions. So
> we need to do something similar to map_partition_varattnos() to change
> the updated columns attnos to the leaf partitions

I was wrong about this. Each of the mtstate->resultRelInfo[] has its
own corresponding RangeTblEntry with its own updatedCols having attnos
accordingly adjusted to refer its own table attributes. So we don't
have to do the mapping; we need to get modifedCols separately for each
of the ResultRelInfo, rather than the root relinfo.

> and walk down the
> partition constraint expressions to find if the attnos are present
> there.

But this we will need to do.

--
Thanks,