Tom Lane wrote:
It's just a matter of staking out what's considered an implemented
feature.  The ARRAY[] syntax is definitely in, so if it needs a few
adjustments around the edges to make it more spec-compliant, no one
will blink at doing that during beta.

OK, but some of what Peter requested were new features too.

If I were you I'd file this on the to-fix-later list and concentrate
on polymorphic aggregates during the next couple days.  If that's not
done by Tuesday it will be a tough sell to put in during beta.

Agreed. I'm planning (in principle at least) concentrate on this stuff between now and Monday evening, and I'm taking Monday off work, so hopefully I can get a fair amount done.

Joe

---------------------------(end of broadcast)--------------------------- TIP 9: the planner will ignore your desire to choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not match