On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 11:43 PM, Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 13, 2017 at 5:24 PM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> >> I'd vote for including this in v10.  There doesn't seem to be any
> >> downside to this: it's a no brainer to avoid our exploding hash table
> >> case when we can see it coming.
> >
> > Anybody else want to vote that way?  For myself it's getting a bit late
> > in the beta process to be including inessential changes, but I'm willing
> > to push it to v10 not just v11 if there's multiple people speaking for
> > that.
> I'd vote for waiting until v11.  I think it's too late to be doing
> things that might change good plans into bad ones or visca versa;
> that's a recipe for having to put out 10.1 and 10.2 a little quicker
> than I'd like.

+1 for waiting until v11 with it.

We have plenty enough other things that could end up needing a quick
post-release-release, and those are things that have received at least
somem testing...

 Magnus Hagander
 Me: https://www.hagander.net/ <http://www.hagander.net/>
 Work: https://www.redpill-linpro.com/ <http://www.redpill-linpro.com/>

Reply via email to