Jan Wieck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> This patch contains the "still not yet ready" performance improvements
> discussed over the couple last days.

Cool stuff!

> The buffer replacement strategy is a slightly modified version of
> ARC.

BTW Jan, I got your message about taking a look at the ARC code; I'm
really busy at the moment, but I'll definitely take a look at it when
I get a chance.

> I personally would like to see this work included in a 7.4.x
> release.

Personally, I can't see any circumstance under which I would view this
as appropriate for integration into the 7.4 branch -- the changes this
patch introduces are pretty fundamental to the system; even with
testing I'd rather not see a stable release series potentially
destabilized. Furthermore, it's not as if these performance issues
have been recently discovered: we've been aware of most of them for at
least one or two prior releases (if not much longer).

-Neil

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend