Neil Conway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> That's interesting, because I get no such warning here.  What version
>> of flex are you using?  (Mine is 2.5.4)

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/nconway]% flex --version
> flex 2.5.31

Oh, that thing.  We deliberately backed off of 2.5.31 some time ago
because it seemed too broken to be worth our time; see for instance
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2003-04/msg00732.php
(searching the archives for "2.5.31" turns up various other interesting
comments).

Peter claimed some time later that he'd fixed CVS tip to work with
2.5.31, but I'm still not willing to put any effort into it.  IMHO
the burden of proof is on 2.5.31 to prove that it's not broken.

Red Hat's still shipping 2.5.4a according to a quick look...