On Sun, 16 May 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Hannu Krosing wrote:
> > > Sure, you can work around the lack of a Win32 port with Cygwin, and
> > > maybe use replication in place of PITR, but the big question is are you
> > > hitting a large precentage of users with an enhancement.
> >
> > I'm not sure that the initial version of PITR will be a good replacement
> > for replication.
> >
> > > I am sure i
> > > can get some "me too's" for your improvements, but it doesn't represeent
> > > dramatic new functionality for PostgreSQL.
> >
> > For me the vacuum delay *does* represent a "dramatic new functionality"
> > and I was quite disappointed that the simple version did not make it into 7.4.
>
> Agreed, but you are a "me too", not a huge percentage of our userbase.

How do you know?  Have you polled our complete userbase?

> Basically, after 6-7 months of development, I want more than a vacuum
> patch and a new cache replacement policy.  I want something big, in
> fact, several big things.

Most likely won't happen, since what is considered big by you isn't
necessarily what is considered big by someone else ... as Hannu, and I
believe, Jan, have so far pointed out to you ...

----
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

               http://archives.postgresql.org