On Mon, 17 May 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> > > Agreed, but you are a "me too", not a huge percentage of our userbase.
> >
> > How do you know?  Have you polled our complete userbase?
> >
> > > Basically, after 6-7 months of development, I want more than a vacuum
> > > patch and a new cache replacement policy.  I want something big, in
> > > fact, several big things.
> >
> > Most likely won't happen, since what is considered big by you isn't
> > necessarily what is considered big by someone else ... as Hannu, and I
> > believe, Jan, have so far pointed out to you ...
>
> I can't poll for everything.  I make my own educated guesses.

Based on what though?

All the clients that I deal with on a daily basis generally care about is
performance ... that is generally what they upgrade for ... so, my
'educated guess' based on real world users is that Win32, PITR and nested
transactions are not important ... tablespaces, I have one client that has
asked about something *similar* to it, but tablespaces, for him, doesn't
come close to what they would like to see ...

So, my 'educated guess' is different then yours is ... does that make
yours wrong?  Nope ... just means we have different sample sets to work
with ...

----
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664

               http://archives.postgresql.org