On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 19:54:19 -0300 (ADT)
"Marc G. Fournier" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Well NetBSD doesn't offer pl/java now so I'm not sure what point you are
> > trying to make.  Sure it would be nice if every OS provided every version
> > of
> > every package, but when they don't what are you going to do about it?
> > Provide
> > a complete package or require manual assembly?
>
> Well, in the case of FreeBSD, I can easily volunteer that if someone
> wanted to make a port of pl/java to include, I can commit it for them ...
> I don't know how NetBSDs system works, but I suspect it is similar ... the
> only reason 'NetBSD doesn't offer pl/java now' is because nobody a) is
> using it under NetBSD or b) submitted a port to their system

And I can commit it to NetBSD if someone sends it to me.  I don't use
PL/Java myself so I can't test it but I can make sure that it
compiles and put it into our pkgsrc tree.  We have a build farm for
packages so I can confirm it for all the platforms we run on.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq