On 17-Jul-06, at 6:37 PM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006, Hannu Krosing wrote:

Ühel kenal päeval, E, 2006-07-17 kell 22:01, kirjutas Martijn van
Oosterhout:
On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 12:18:46PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
Well, I am not making any promises right now about when buildfarm will
support external modules.

I've been playing with the idea of having a subdirectory named "extras" with descriptor files describing how to fetch a project and compile it.
I got the fetching and the unpacking going, but the building isn't
there yet. Still, it's an interesting idea...

Actually it would be nice to have the not-included PLs present in
src/pl/ as their own directories with a README.TXT containing fetch and
build instructions

So we would have

src/pl/plphp/README.TXT
src/pl/pljava/README.TXT
src/pl/plj/README.TXT

and anybody looking for pl-s would find the info in a logical place

*That* idea I like ...

Actually taking that one step further. At least two or three of these projects have automated build processes (Ruby and Java, and I believe Python), placing their equivalent of Makefile into this dir would allow users versed in the language of choice to build their extension easily.

----
Marc G. Fournier Hub.Org Networking Services (http:// www.hub.org) Email . [EMAIL PROTECTED] MSN . [EMAIL PROTECTED]

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend