On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 10:31:00PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> bruce wrote:
> > bruce wrote:
> > >
> > > OK, seems this should be a separate application, not done in the TODO
> > > list, and I am not willing to take on that additional workload.
> >
> > Let me add that anyone who has CVS commit access or wants to submit
> > TODO patches can keep the TODO updated in this way.
>
> I can also give someone ssh access to my server with the ability to
> modify only the TODO list.

I've never submitted patches for the TODO because it seems pretty silly
to go through that much work just to add one line to a file, but being
able to change it directly would be a good compromise. I'd be happy to
help.

Something else that bugs me about the current TODO process is there's a
lot of ideas that get brought up but never make it on there. Certainly
a lot of them aren't worth putting on there, but there's plenty of items
that get left on the floor. It would be nice if there was a better way
to deal with these ideas.

One possibility: have a 'holding area' (perhaps on a Wiki) where users
could add use-cases for these ideas. If there's 'enough demand' (however
one defines that), they get promoted to the TODO. Note that this is
something geared towards users... things that are obviously useful to
-hackers tend to get on the list.
--
Jim C. Nasby, Sr. Engineering Consultant      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq