It's very weird, because if you get through to this stage it means you have already run initdb successfully during the make-check stage.

Certainly the trace below looks like it's a failure in the startup code - maybe a DLL mismatch, although that shouldn't be possible? Does your Cygwin install have their postgres package included?

cheers

andrew

Adrian Maier wrote:
Hello,

The Cassowary buildfarm memeber is curently failing when performing initdb .
The corresponding log file initdb.log is empty.

When running initdb manually, it dies immediately "with code 0200".
Other executables (psql, createlang, createdb for example) fail in the same
manner. But some others (postgres,postmaster,ecpg) seem to be ok ...

My assuption is that I haven't configured "something" properly in Cygwin :
it's a fresh install after having switched to a new machine.

Unfortunately, without an error message, it's hard to identify the problem.
The FAQ_CYGWIN suggests that modifying the cygserver config may be
neccessary, but it doesn't provide more details.

Does anyone have any advice ?

Cheers,
Adrian Maier

--------
$ gdb bin/initdb.exe
(gdb) break main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x403200: file initdb.c, line 2358.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/am/build/HEAD/inst/bin/initdb.exe
gdb: unknown target exception 0xc0000022 at 0x77f966bc

Program received signal ?, Unknown signal.

Program exited with code 0200.

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq