Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Oleg Bartunov wrote:
On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

I am also a bit concerned that the names of the proposed objects (parser, dictionary) don't convey their purpose adequately. Maybe TS_DICTIONARY and TS_PARSER might be better if we in fact need to name them.
this looks reasonable to me.

Huh, but we don't use keywords with ugly abbreviations and underscores.
How about "FULLTEXT DICTIONARY" and "FULLTEXT PARSER"?  (Using
"FULLTEXT" instead of "FULL TEXT" means you don't created common
reserved words, and furthermore you don't collide with an existing type
name.)

good point. this works for me.

We should also take the opportunity to discuss new keywords for the XML
support -- will we use new grammar, or functions?

Well, it will have to be keywords if we want to be able to do anything like the spec, IIRC.

cheers

andrew

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend