"Tom Lane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Comments, objections?  Also, any thoughts about the names to use for
> these new node types?  As I commented last year, I'm not completely
> happy with "TopPlan" because it won't actually be a subtype of Plan,
> but I don't have a better idea.  Also I'm unsure what to call the
> cut-down RangeTblEntry struct; maybe RunTimeRangeTblEntry?

My only though is that I suspect this will somehow relate to the cte stuff I
was doing for recursive queries. I'm not exactly clear how yet though.

I think this has more to do with the RangeTable stuff than the TopPlan though.
I was probably going to need a new kind of RangeTable representing a Subquery
that was a reference to a cte rather than a separate subquery.

--
  Gregory Stark