On Friday 23 February 2007 17:30, Gregory Stark wrote:
> The distributed systems sound neat and do sound like they match our style
> of working. But they seem like a big leap for a project that's still using
> a buggy unmaintained pile of spaghetti code for fear of change. Subversion
> is the path of least resistance in that nothing has to change, we can
> choose to use new features if we want but otherwise it's basically a CVS
> 2.0 with a new name (and active maintenance).

The interesting thing about Git is that is has two way sync support for a SVN
repository also. You could run a Git repository pushing changes in real time
to a SVN repository and present a CVS frontend also. I would like to try
converting the CVS repository of PostgreSQL to Git and try setting some of
this stuff up. Does anyone know how I could get the CVS repository files?

wt
--
Warren Turkal (w00t)

                http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate