On Friday 23 February 2007 12:03, Andrew Hammond wrote:
> While annoying, this is something that really only a problem for the
> CVS maintainer (and anyone who's stuck waiting for the maintainer to
> shuffle stuff). I suggest that while it would be nice to solve this
> problem, it's more of a bonus side-effect rather than a significant
> benefit to changing SCMs.

But it's not only a problem for the CVS maintainer. The problem is either (1)
that the file history doesn't follow the move or (2) if you move the file on
the CVS server, the file always seems to have been in its new location. For
(1), you can't easily find the history for a file, and for (2), you can't
check out old version and expect them to just work.

wt
--
Warren Turkal (w00t)