"Pavan Deolasee" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Any thoughts on the overall approach ?

Fragile and full of race conditions :-(.  I thought from the beginning
that CREATE INDEX might be a showstopper for the whole HOT concept,
and it's starting to look like that's the case.

I think what we need to get away from is the assumption that HOT-ness
for one index is the same as HOT-ness for all.  What if we only applied
HOT to primary-key indexes, so that there was certainly not more than
one index per table that the property applies to?

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster