Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
... But ISTM that means we just need to pick a few strategic spots that will call CHECK_FOR_NOTIFICATIONS() even in the middle of a transaction and store them locally.

Minor comment --- I don't believe in having a separate "sprinkle" of
notify-specific checks.  It needs to be set up so that
CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS will deal with the catch-up-please signal.  We've
already done (most of) the work of making sure CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS is
called often enough, and AFAICS we'd end up needing
CHECK_FOR_NOTIFICATIONS in exactly those same loops anyway.

OK, this works for me - it will make things simpler.

cheers

andrew