Bruce Momjian wrote:
In talking to people who are assigned to review patches or could review
patches, I often get the reply, "Oh, yea, I need to do that".

Folks, we are six weeks into feature freeze and have made slim progress
on getting patches reviewed and applied.  As I stated earlier, we are
now looking at August/September for beta, but that might be pushed back
even later if we don't get more progress.

It seems there is a lot of reliance on Tom to get the patches applied,
but I don't think that is fair or reasonable.  I think we need more
urgency on the part of everyone to make faster progress.  Patch
reviewers and committers need to take more initiative to get things done
rather than wait for some external force to prompt them.

I at least feel uncomfortable about reviewing code that deals with areas I have not touched much, and where I feel the author probably knows a lot more than me. The chance of my catching errors/problems in such a case is much lower.

Looking at the list on the wiki, that rules out most of the things that don't have a reviewer already listed. I can look at the following items:

. UTF8 text matching performance improvements
. concurrent psql
. PL/PSM

If Tom gets around to per-function search paths I'll look at that too, but I don't actually recall seeing a patch for that.

cheers

andrew