On 5/16/07, Marc G. Fournier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Set a fixed date (ie. 3 weeks) and whatever isn't in gets punted to 8.4 ... if
that means those 'large patches' don't get applied, so be it ...

I disagree with that approach.  Larger more complex patches required
much more work and effort than small, simple ones.  Not only do I
think it's unfair to the authors who spent considerably more time on
their work, but I think it also sets a bad precedent for future work;
saying, in short, that if you want to make large strides to improve
PostgreSQL, and you followed the community development process, you're
still potentially last in line for review.

Jonah H. Harris, Software Architect | phone: 732.331.1324
EnterpriseDB Corporation            | fax: 732.331.1301
33 Wood Ave S, 3rd Floor            | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Iselin, New Jersey 08830            | http://www.enterprisedb.com/