Tom Lane wrote:
> Magnus Hagander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Yeah, this looks like a good list.  I can't readily check the ones from
>>> "eel" as they appear to be in Windows-specific code; anyone else want to
>>> fix those?
>
>> The pg_ctl one is a windows one, I'll deal with that one.
>
>> The dirmod one doesn't appear on win32, only cygwin. I don't have a
>> cygwin to check that against, so I'll have to pass on that one.
>
> Eyeing the code, it looks like the issue is that port.h declares
> pgsymlink if
>       #if defined(WIN32) && !defined(__CYGWIN__)
> while dirmod.c defines it if
>       #ifdef WIN32
>
> So this seems like an actual bug, at least to the extent that pgsymlink
> is being compiled into code but not used on Cygwin.  But more to the
> point, maybe port.h is wrong and we should be using pgsymlink on Cygwin?
> In any case these two files need to be put into sync.

Agreed, but I don't know which should be the master :(

Well, actually. Since it's not #defined in port.h, that should mean it's
not being used anyway? Since the symbol in dirmod.c is pgsymlink, which
shouldn't be referenced directly anywhere. If that's so, then changing
dirmod.c to just exclude the whole thing on CYGWIN should fix the issue.

I don't have a way to test it, but perhaps we should just throw it in
and see if eel breaks on the buildfarm? Unless some poor soul actually
has a cygwin dev box to test on?

//Magnus