Bruce Momjian wrote:
I have been thinking about where we are in the release process for 8.3.
I know we hoped for a July beta, but soon after the 8.3 feature freeze
it was clear that we weren't going to make that date.  I am sure some
people are frustrated we are not closer to beta.

Looking at where we are now, there are only two alternatives --- keep
pressing on,

The reality is, we have several *large* patches that have come in over this development cycle. I don't know that we expected that when we tried to do the short cycle release.

Joshua D. Drake