apoc9009 wrote:
Hi Hackers,

In my Project i have to handle a Database with 600 GByte Text only, distributed on 4 Tablespaces on multiple Harddisks and Remote SAN's connected via Gigaethernet to the Remote SAN-Storage.

I need more flexibility by doing Backups of my big Database, but the built in Online Backupsystem dont work for my Setup good enought for me. I Can not accept 16 MByte big WAL's Files for securing it on Tape. 16 MByte Data loss on a Crash Situation is Fatal and no helpfully
(1 MByte to). I wish to have a continoues Backup without any data losses.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/warm-standby.html
Particularly section 23.4.4

That can get you to 1 second or less.

--