Tom Lane wrote:
This morning's ecpg patch certainly seems to have been snake-bit.
Although the Windows gcc buildfarm members seem happy, the MSVC ones
are all failing with

           Creating library Release\libecpg\libecpg.lib and object
        libecpg.exp : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol [EMAIL
        .\Release\libecpg\libecpg.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved

I see that DllMain() got added to misc.c, so it's not obvious what's
wrong here.  Some adjustment needed in the MSVC build scripts maybe?

It is building with thread.c but it should not be unless I am misreading the Makefile. The makefile processing in doesn't look nearly powerful enough to handle this:

 # thread.c is needed only for non-WIN32 implementation of path.c
 ifneq ($(PORTNAME), win32)
 OBJS += thread.o

It will ignore the if and endif lines and process the OBJS line :-(

A quick fix is probably to put some whitespace in front of "OBJS", although that seems horribly fragile.