Andrew Dunstan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> I share your other concerns. This process certainly seems to have been
> less than transparent.

FWIW, Jan asked -core about a week ago whether it'd be okay to add this
code post-beta, and we concluded it would be okay on the grounds that
(1) we've always been laxer about contrib than the core code,
(2) we'd already granted similar permission to Oleg and Teodor to add
    some example tsearch dictionaries to contrib post-beta.
But I was expecting some -hackers discussion and/or a proposed patch
on -patches next.  I agree that Jan skipped a step.