On Tue, Oct 09, 2007 at 08:15:35AM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > In hindsight, all these ecpg changes should have been made between beta1
> > and beta2 when we have time to deal with the fallout, not right before
> > beta1.

This one I totally agree with.

> Or considered new features and held back for 8.4. Not picking on Michael, but
> the resemblance to the /contrib discussion is striking. Ecpg is another part
> of core PostgreSQL that lives by slightly different rules.

But this one I don't. At least not the "new features" part. Had I
considered the patch a new feature I wouldn't have committed it. To me
it looked like a bug fix and I still see it as such. Yes, we could have
documented the bug instead, but still I don't see how we could argue
that getting multithreading to work on Windows is a feature when it's
already working on all other platforms a and is also compilable, but not
working in some/most cases, on Windows.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo: michaelmeskes, Jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

               http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq