* Tom Lane ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> Heikki Linnakangas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > There's legitimate use for creating a role with NOLOGIN and a password.
>
> If we think that, then we shouldn't have a message at all.

I'm not sure I agree with that.  I don't agree that there's really a
legitimate use for creating a role w/ NOLOGIN and a password either, for
that matter.  A 'NOTICE' level message would be fine with me.  We have
NOTICE messages for when we create an index for a PK.  I find a message
about an entirely unexpected and unworkable configuration alot more
useful than those.

        Thanks,

                Stephen