Magnus Hagander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 09:24:47AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I don't recall that we've rejected any patches lately just because they
>> were unidiffs.  But I'd be sad if a large fraction of incoming patches
>> started to be unidiffs.

> We bounce them back to the author pretty m uch every time with "context
> diff please".

We have, and will continue to, bounce patches that arrive as whole files
or no-context-lines patches.  But I know we've taken unidiffs without
complaint.  Personally, if I have to read one that's more than isolated
one-line changes, I apply it locally and then use "cvs diff -c" to get a
version I can read ... which makes unidiff only a minor annoyance *as
long as it applies cleanly*.  If it doesn't then it's a PITA ...

                http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate