> I suggest that the JDBC driver adopt PostgreSQL's indentation standards
> (see PostgreSQL developers FAQ, question 1). I see that some source
> files have used this standard, but the vast majority do not. We should
> have a standard for consistency and our own sanity if nothing else.

Glad someone brought this up.  A while ago I wrote:

        I tried pgindent but it doesn't understand Java and made a mess of it.
        I used astyle with the options:

                $ astyle --style=java -j *.java

        I have the reformatted jdbc files at:

                ftp://candle.pha.pa.us/pub/postgresql/astyle_jdbc.tar.gz

        I must say it looks very good.

Can people tak a look at that and see if they like it?  I will work on
astyle to find a format that matches the main code indenting.

If you like it, I will indent just after we go beta.